6.7.01

As a demonstration of my weakness as a human being, I agreed to go see a French film subtitled in Dutch. As it turns out, though, Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain is the best movie I've seen this year so far. In fact, I will recommend that you also watch it once without subtitles, if possible. The reason is that if you're reading a translation instead of watching the visual story, you're cheating yourself. Perhaps it's only my impression, but this is really a fairy tale story book movie. Anyway, it's beautiful and funny and hopeful and fantastic and real at the same time. Of course if you understand French, you might find more to like.

The reason to go out was to wish Ingrid "bon voyage". Tomorrow she is going to India for five weeks. Ingrid has more spirit than most people.

No comments: